The content included in this Website has been compiled from emails and communications from NMIMS Distance Learning and NMIMS Global Access School of Continuing Education website. It is subject to change without notice. The rules, policies and announcements are to be checked from NMIMS University – Distance Learning (NGASCE) which will be final and binding. We will not be liable for any damages, including any consequential damages, of any kind that may result to the user from the use of the Website, or of any of information and/or services described herein.
NMIMS December 2020 Exams Registration
NMIMS December 2020 Exams Registration is LIVE from November 24, 2020, 1 PM IST
NMIMS December 2020 Exams Registration
- NMIMS Distance Learning December 2020 Exams are for Regular Semester Exams as well as PENDING or FAIL or Null and Void papers of previous Semesters
- December 2020 Exams would be online; read further to know more
- You can give the Exams from your home or office or any part of the world provided the rules and regulations of the Exams are followed which is shared below
- Students need to register online for the December 2020 Examination
Exam Registration window opens from: Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 1 PM IST
Exam Registration window closes on: Tuesday, December 08, 2020 at 19.00 hours
Students need to visit: distance.nmims.edu – Student Zone – Exams – Exam Registration
December 2020 Exam Dates:
December 2020: 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31
January 2021: 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10
Time Slots: 10.00 AM and 5.00 PM
Term End Exam Fee is Rs. 600 per paper
Exam Registration is available only on Web Portal and not on Mobile App
- December 2020 Exams will be conducted only Online and not at any Exam Centre
- Every Exam Slot will have a limited capacity and is not open
- University reserves the right to shift Students to another Exam Slot in case of any unavoidable circumstances
- Hence you are requested to complete the Exams Registration at the earliest to avoid disappointment
- The next Exam Session will be held in April 2021
- You can choose your own Date and Time Slot for each Exam subject to availability
- Please use only Google Chrome Web Version
- To know the steps for booking the Exams, CLICK HERE
- By default all the papers are selected in the first screen and you need to Select only the Papers you wish to give to prevent any errors further
- Ignore the Venue part in the above link and in our Explainer videos shared below
- The above Exam Dates and Times are subject to availability and on first-come-first-serve basis
- Certificate Course Exams are for 120 minutes and PG Diploma / Diploma Exams are for 150 minutes
- There would be no Hall Tickets for December 2020 Exams as the link will be shared in your Student Portal
- If your payment is failed, do not try again till next 2 hours
- You will be able to see the bookings in your Student Portal – Quick Links – Exam Fee Receipt
- Contact us before making the payment again in case of any failure
- You will have to show your Identity Card (or any other Government Photo ID Proof like Aadhar, PAN Card etc.) to the Proctor before the start of Exams to verify
- For Students who have not received the ID Card, they can provide the proof as shared in the point above
- Mark Sheets and Results of these Exams will show Exam Session as December 2020 and not January 2021
- University will charge additional Processing Fee (Rs. 500/-) for Change of Exam registration in TOTAL per student and not per subject
- Students can themselves change online the wrongly selected exam date/time slot same way as booking for the first time
- In Exams – Exam Registration, you will see a Change Exam Center button in the bottom from which you can change Date or Time Slot
- This change will be accepted in the portal only till the Exam Registration window is open and subject to availability
- Term End Paper Fee is Rs. 600 per paper
- Examination Fee once paid will not be refunded or carried ahead for the next Exam cycle
- Please check the Prerequisites for Exams from the section below and only then book the Exams as the Fee is not refundable or carried forward
- Laptop or Desktop in working condition
- Mobiles or Tablets will not be allowed for Exams
- Stable internet connectivity with minimum 2 MBPS speed
- Hotspots will not work for Exams
- Operational Webcam (external or inbuilt camera of laptop)
- Well lit room
- Compliance on compatibility – University has provided a compliance test link through which it will be assessed if all the above parameters are checked
- Demo Exams – You will be getting a Demo Exams link to check if everything is working as per the standards
- Demo Exams will be made live next week
- Registered Students will receive a copy of Do’s and Don’ts for the Exams in Email
- It will help you under both the Technical as well as Non Technical aspects of the Exams
- A Technical HelpDesk Number will be made available to the Students to discuss system related issues, if any
- The Exams would be completely Online
- Exam Links can be accessed only from your Student Portal after successful login
- Exam Link will be active at exactly the same time as the Exam goes live
- You will receive Exam Link 30 minutes prior in your Email
- Even if you do not receive the same, you can access it from the Student Portal Exam Section at exactly the time of Exam
- The Exam Link will be active only for 30 minutes after which you will not be able to access it or give the Exams
- Proctor assistance will be available during the Exam along with Technical assistance
- Procter will be done by a person along with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning parameters
- If a Student is found copying or taking help from books or some other means, the exams will be treated as Unfair and will be failed for the subject
- Please use the compatibility link to understand the readiness of your System before Exams Registration
- Compatibility Test Link – https://tests.mettl.com/system-check?i=db696a8e#/systemCheck
- You can call at +918287803040 or the other numbers shared on the screen in case of any difficulty
- You can also write at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
Q. I don’t have the required bandwidth or system or web camera for the Exams. What can I do?
A. You have time to make arrangements for the same. If you cannot, you will not be able to give Examinations for December 2020. You can try for April 2021 Examinations in the case of Exams happening at Exam Centre (subject to Government and University notification).
Q. Can I come to the Centre or Campus to give the Exams?
A. No, the Exams are completely online and you need to give the Exams only from your place. You have to make sure to have a Desktop or Laptop, Minimum 2 MBPS Internet, Webcam, Well Lit Room with no one around.
Q. I will book my slots now, but later can I cancel?
A. Yes, you can cancel later but there will be no refund for the same. You can also change the slots as shared above.
Q. What if my Exams are interrupted on account of electricity or internet fluctuations?
A. You will be allowed to continue from where you left as soon as you resume. But it will be monitored very closely for unfair means. This decision lies in the hands of University and you may not be allowed to continue. So make sure you fulfill all the criteria for Examinations.
Q. What is compatibility test and do have to do it only once?
A. Compatibility test is where a link will be sent to you. You have to just follow the steps which will check if you are on PC, and you have a good internet connection, and that you are not behind a firewall, and you have a working webcam and that the room is well lit to see the candidate properly. You have to repeat this test 24 hours before your every Exams to ensure that you do not face any issue in Exam.
Q. I do not stay in India and won’t be able to come for Exams. What should I do?
A. Since the Exams are completely online this time, location does not matter. Just note that the Exams are on Indian Standard Time and then go ahead with the Exam Registration. Also do check for the compatibility of the Exams in your region from the link that will be sent to you.
[IMPORTANT] Links to Check: