Exams will be conducted only Online from Student’s location of choice i.e. Home, Office or any place other provided the Exam rules are followed
You can check your Exam Schedule from the Email you received after Exams Registration
Please follow the Guidelines mentioned below very strictly to avoid any confusion at the last moment
Please keep your University ID Card handy or any Government ID Proof like Aadhar, Passport, PAN Card, Driving License etc. (Hard Copy only)
There will be no Printed Hall Ticket for June 2020 Exam Session
The following post provides comprehensive information on Do’s and Don’ts for NMIMS Distance Learning June 2020 Exams, pre requisites and how to manage different scenarios beyond candidate’s control
- Student should use the same system for the main Exam which was used for Compatibility check and Demo Exam
- Demo exam is mandatory before the main Exam
- You can go to Exams – Demo Exam for the same
- We have a new Mettl Helpline number for Students to call in case of issues in Exams or Demo Exams – New Mettl Helpline: 8047190917
- Students can join the Exam via Student Portal Exam section
- In addition to this, University will also be sending Exam links on Email one hour prior to the Exam time
- Kindly go through the Candidate Guide to know the Rules of the Exams and the Steps (CLICK HERE) and also the FAQ’s shared in the post below
- Exam link will be active as per the slot booked and not before that
- For example link for 10 am slot will be live at 10 am and not before that
- This Examination is conducted online via Mettl platform (University’s official assessment partner) through student portal and will be remotely proctored
- Testing Compatibility using https://tests.mettl.com/system-check?i=db696a8e#/systemCheck is the most important step and has to be checked on regular basis, incase of issues please drop an email at email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or connect on WhatsApp at 8080500400
- Student must ensure there is stable internet connectivity 512 kbps of concurrent speed
- For any reason if Internet connectivity is lost during Exams, DO NOT CLOSE THE BROWSER, the Exam will resume from where you stopped
- Please ensure webcam (inbuilt or external) and microphone of your system (laptop / computer) is connected and functional, which can be also tested using Compatibility test https://tests.mettl.com/systemcheck?i=db696a8e#/systemCheck
- Students are advised to use the latest version of web browsers Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for a seamless experience during the Exam
- Students must ensure that they use the same system that was used for the System Compatibility Check and Demo test to appear for the actual Exam
- Compliance on Compatibility check and Demo Exam is a prerequisite and is required to be performed every week and 24 hrs before every Exam
- In case you change your system, system Compatibility check on the new system is a mandate
- Students should ensure that they are not running / attempting to start any remote access software before or during the Exam
- This will automatically close the Exam browser and the Examination will be interrupted
- Students are not allowed to connect any extended screen / projector along with the system being used during the Exam
- Students should not browse / switch to other window or application during the Exam
- Usage of Mobile Phones, Tablets or any other electronic devices is strictly prohibited and not allowed during the Exam and can be kept in a different room
- If student is facing any tech issue, they can use the phone to call the Mettl support line +918047190917 or+918287803040
- Scientific calculators will be provided on the Exam screen; hence physical calculators are not required
- To maintain the sanctity of the Examination, please ensure that you are the only person in the room during the Exam and there is no disturbance
- At any point of time during the Exam, you can be asked by the proctor through chat, to rotate your Laptop / Webcam to show your surroundings
- Students are not allowed to take a break or use the restroom during the Examination
- University will initiate appropriate action in case a student is found to be not adhering to the aforesaid instructions / using unfair means / possessing any unauthorized material of any type
- Exam link by subject will be made available on the Student portal one hour before the actual Exam time, however the Exam link will only be made active at the time of the booked slot
- Demo Exam is made available on Student portal for students to experience the Exam interface, navigate screens, use various options available to answer descriptive questions
- Please note this is not an Open book Exam and proctor will be monitoring your Exam real time
- If you require Rough Sheet during the Exams, you will have to take permission from the Procter before the Exams
Q1. I don’t have the required Bandwidth / System / Webcam for the Exam?
A. You have enough time to make necessary arrangements, if you still are finding it difficult to arrange the IT infrastructure required at your home / work place to attempt these Exams; you have the choice to wait. As soon as Government allows, University will also conduct Center-based Exams in Sep / Oct. You can give your Exams during that time.
Q2. Minimum bandwidth and system requirement for the Exam?
A. Minimum speed 512 kbps of concurrent speed and ensure that there are no restrictions enabled on the network, which is being used
Q3. Can I come to campus to appear for this Exam online?
A. Exams will not be conducted on campus or any of the Authorized Partner Centres
Q4. What happens to Exam duration when Mettl team is troubleshooting issues?
A. For any troubleshooting, Exam is paused and student is given the time allocated for the Exam post fixing the issue
Q5. Is it ok if I take Compatibility test or / and Demo Exam at the beginning only?
A. One has to perform regular checks and 24 hours before every Exam, both for Compatibility and Demo Exam
Q6. I started the Exam but got disconnected mid-way on account of Internet issues?
A. If you get disconnected at the time of Exam, system logs will be checked, post authorization you will be able to resume your Exam from the same point where it got disconnected but only when there is time left in the Exam and disconnection duration is not more than 20 minutes. If the duration of disconnection is more than 20 minutes, such situations will be managed real-time on the day of Exam by Mettl (+918287803040, firstname.lastname@example.org) and University (18001025136, email@example.com). In any situation, DO NOT CLOSE THE BROWSER.
Q7. Can I use mobile hotspot?
We do not recommend as the network is not stable and also mobile device is not allowed during the Exam
Q8. Can I use a dongle or a portable WiFi Device?
Yes if it fulfills the required bandwidth requirement
Q9. How do I join my Exam?
Exam links will be made available on Student portal, step by step instructions with screenshots will be made available for ease of access
Checklist before the exam:
- Functional laptop / desktop with inbuilt/external webcam
- Stable internet with minimum 512 kbps of concurrent speed
- Taken Compatibility test 24 hours prior to every exam
- Appeared for Demo Exams
Checklist- on the day of exam:
- Alone in the room
- Well lit room
- University ID card / Government ID card
- Phone on silent mode not anywhere near you
- Blank rough sheet, subjects where calculation is required to be done
Below scenarios will be checked and solution provided on case to case basis:
Couldn’t join the Exam as there was power outage at my place
Couldn’t join the Exam as there was Internet outage at my place
Exam interrupted mid-way and was not able to complete the Exam on account of Power failure / Internet failure
Refer a Friend and earn Rewards. Call us or fill the form at www.halo.co.in/refer to refer your Friends and Colleagues.
In case of any doubt or query, student can Feel free to call on 8080 500 400 or WhatsApp us at 9821 25 0123 or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The content included in this Website has been compiled from emails and communications from NMIMS Distance Learning and NMIMS Global Access School of Continuing Education website. It is subject to change without notice. The rules, policies and announcements are to be checked from NMIMS Global (NGASCE) which will be final and binding. We will not be liable for any damages, including any consequential damages, of any kind that may result to the user from the use of the Website, or of any of information and/or services described herein.