Online MBA programs ?
Online MBA programs are now the most flexible and in-demand option for working professionals who want to upskill themselves. It is also a great option for students who want to pursue higher education and need a more flexible learning environment. Some of the best distance MBA programs now offer great placement opportunities. As per your niche or professional experience, an online MBA can give the required boost to your career aspirations.
Why Online MBA ?
- Flexibility : Studying online has its benefits. One doesn’t need to be physically present in a class during specific hours. You can learn at your own pace and as per your own availability. There’s no pressure of attending classes on the weekends or sacrificing your night’s sleep. Distance or online MBA programs allow you to study at your convenience. This flexibility and comfort are major plus points for an online MBA. It is extremely beneficial for working professionals. You no longer need to leave your job to pursue higher education.
- Better ROI: The fees for online MBA programs are much less as compared to a regular MBA. As a result, the return on investment is higher and faster. The most expensive online or distance MBA would cost you not more than Rs 2,50,000. However, a regular MBA can cost you anything between Rs 5,00,000 to Rs 25,00,000.
- Same Curriculum : The course curriculum of a regular MBA and a distance or online MBA aren’t different. They are the same and give the same kind of exposure to the students. For working professionals, some of the best distance MBA programs offer to give assignments and projects that would be beneficial to them as per their present job profile. Certain institutes even allow executing the projects at their present workplace. This sort of project enriches the practical learning aspect as well.
- Better Networking : An online MBA lets you learn in a virtual classroom where there are students from not only different parts of India but also various parts of the world. It is a great opportunity to know working professionals from different sectors working in different countries and continents. Group assignments with them will ensure global corporate exposure for you. This is the reason online MBA programs are the best for networking as compared to a regular MBA program.
- Strengthening Resume : Many companies are now preferring employees who are constantly upskilling themselves. Completing a degree course while working can add brownie points to your CV. Employers believe that such candidates are consistent, learners and dedicated individuals who can work, learn and upgrade themselves constantly. An online MBA will help you to either get a raise or promotion in your current job or get a better job offer from elsewhere.
Job Opportunities After Distance MBA
Best distance MBA programs also can fetch you great placement opportunities. Some of the best B- schools in India have started online or distance mode of MBA. They have opened placement cells for students who enrolled in such courses. Some of the best companies and MNCs are now open to offer jobs to candidates who are completing their MBA through distance or online mode. These companies would absorb you based on your previous experience, the specialization you opted for, and projects you completed while pursuing the online MBA.
Some of the companies that are open for online MBA candidates are as follows-
- JP Morgan
- Aditya Birla Group
- ICICI Bank
- Mckinsey and Company
- Asian Paints
- Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
- Avendus and more
Career Options After Completing Online MBA
MBA is a wholesome degree program for any individual who wants to have a career regardless of the industry he or she is working in. This course helps you to think critically, and logically and execute projects seamlessly.
Your job profile after an MBA depends on the specialization you choose to take up. For working professionals, it is advised to choose a specialization that will be relevant to them keeping in mind their upskill requirements. After completing your MBA through distance or online mode, you can work in various industrial sectors namely –
- Finance and Banking
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Operations and Project
- Supply Chain Management
- Entrepreneurship International Business and more
Healthcare, tourism, e-commerce, FMCG, IT, Retail, Edu-Tech and other sectors also offer jobsto online MBA students as per their industry job profiles. Hospital Administrator, Product Manager, Supply Chain, and Distribution manager, travel agency manager, and more such options are there.
Your assignments, projects, previous experience, and interest in a certain field would fetch you the job in your preferred sector. You can also choose to become an entrepreneur if you have a great business idea to pitch in.
One of the best distance MBA programs
One of the best distance MBA programs may help you to land up doing your dream job. Some of the well-known institutions that offer online MBA degree courses are as below:
- Amity University
- NMIMS or Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
- Jain University
- DY Patil University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Manipal University
- Bharatidasan University
- Annamalai University
- Bangalore University
- Symbiosis Skills and Professional University
- Alagappa University
- Lovely Professional University
- Chandigarh University
- Hindustan University
- National Institute of Business Management (NIBM)
- Pondicherry University
- Great Lakes Institute of Management
You may go through the specializations offered by these institutions along with their fee structures and choose the befitting online program for yourself. This is the right time to upskill yourself and launch your dream career. An online MBA is the right step towards your aspirations without compromising on your present job or flexibility.